‘Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.’ – Mahatma Gandhi
This happiness is what we experienced, last Saturday a mix of two very special days- Mommies day and Friendship day, both celebrate the bond of love and affection that is everlasting. We at school were extremely happy to celebrate this in such an awesome way.
The testimonials from some of our lovely mums spoke volumes about what we do best and love doing. Thank you parents for the faith and support. Mom and Baby Yoga was great fun and enjoyed by all. The children enjoyed the cooking activity where they made a healthy snack- ‘Banana Dream Slices’. They were also happy doing the fun dances and rhymes together with their friends.
The two presentations were crisp and informative especially the one by Dr Femitha Shifas- MD Paediatrics, DM Neonatology Consultant Department of Neonatology, KIMS on ‘Early Positive Brain Experiences’. We hope to invite her in future for many such interesting sessions.
The art and craft activity done together by the mums and children showed off their creative skills and ended the day on a colourful note. Thank you mums for bringing in your friends along, we hope they had as much fun as we did.
We are pleased to inform you that Ms Sini Regi Thomas-MA,Med,DSE- Head of Department of Special Needs from our main school has visited our classes to do an informal assessment of all our children. This will help identify any child with special needs. Her assessment will be done periodically and early intervention will surely help our children going further. We really appreciate her taking the time out of her busy schedule to spend some quality time in our classes. We will speak to the parents individually once we identify any child who needs support.
See you tomorrow at our – ‘First Parent Teacher Meeting’ – 5th October, 2019. Timing have been sent individually to parents for 10 minute time slots each. If you feel you would need to spend more time with the teacher, kindly make an appointment for an alternative day and time.
Dussehra Holidays on 7th and 8th October for Preschool. Childcare is open, please do let us know if you will be sending your child on the preschool holiday, we will let you know about the extra charges.
Save the Date- Our first ever Annual Broadway show is scheduled for November 30th, Saturday morning. Details of timing, costume, logistics to follow shortly. Please let us know if your child will not be part of the show as we need to plan the performances and order the costumes. Kindly ensure that you don’t miss the same unless absolutely necessary.
WOW Wednesday – October 9th will be ‘Garba Day’- Do send your child dressed in the theme –please do send in an object for Show and Tell related to the theme.
Once more a request to all- Please visit our Facebook/Instagram pages, ‘Like’ it and follow it regularly. Unfortunately, we still don’t see too many of you on our pages. We post pictures every day of a highlighted experience at school.
Activities and few pictures of the Past Week.
UNIT OF INQUIRY
- We started our 2nd unit this week which is Earth’s natural patterns and how they influence our lives.
- We started with fun shadow play. Each of us tried to make shadows of different animals. Later we discussed about how shadows are formed.
- We had a discussion on ‘day” and “night”. The different activities we do during day and night.
- We watched a video of sunrise and sunset.
- We did CVC words if “ig” family such as pig, dig, big, fig and wig.
- We reiterated the “ig” family words with play dough activity.
- We wrote “ig” words in notebook.
- We are continuing with our daily reading of tricky words.
- We introduced numbers 41-50 and did fun activities related to this such as counting straws in groups of ten and jumping on number clouds.
- We have started our dance practice for Broadway.
- We do rehearsal of our dialogues almost everyday.
- We express our creativity in numerous other ways such as building castles and towers with blocks or putting our ideas on paper and adding colour to it in our Art Center.
- We also did craft for Dussehra.
- We had a Zumba class on Monday.
- We had a western dance class on Thursday.
- We had a football class on Thursday.
- We went for a nature walk on Friday.
- We also enjoyed free play during recess.
SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- We are learning to share our things with our friends and sometimes, we also enjoy sharing our snacks.
- We have started to learn to wait for our turn.
MENU for 30th September to 11th October
|LUNCH||DosaPotato Curry||ChapatiEgg Curry|
|Veg Pulav Veg Mappas|
|Cut Fruit||Kesari||Gulab Jamun||Pudding|
|Vada||Cake Slice||Fruit||Veg Sandwhich|
|AppamKadla Curry||Thali Meals||IdiappamVeg Kurma|
|DESSERT||Shahi Tukda||Payasum||Kadla Payasum|
|EVENING SNACKS||French Fries||Fruit||Bread Pakora|
Thanks and Regards,
Homeroom Teacher K2