‘Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.’
This happiness is what we experienced, last Saturday a mix of two very special days- Mommies day and Friendship day, both celebrate the bond of love and affection that is everlasting. We at school were extremely happy to celebrate this in such an awesome way.
The testimonials from some of our lovely mums spoke volumes about what we do best and love doing. Thank you parents for the faith and support. Mom and Baby Yoga was great fun and enjoyed by all. The children enjoyed the cooking activity where they made a healthy snack- ‘Banana Dream slices’. They were also happy doing the fun dances and rhymes together with their friends.
The two presentations were crisp and informative especially the one by Dr Femitha Shifas- MD Paediatrics, DM Neonatology Consultant Department of Neonatology KIMS on ‘Early Positive Brain Experiences. We hope to invite her in future for many such interesting sessions.
The art and craft activity done together by the mums and children showed off their creative skills and ended the day on a colourful note. Thank you mums for bringing in your friends along, we hope they had as much fun as we did.
See you tomorrow at our – ‘First Parent Teacher Meeting’ – 5th October 2019. Timing have been sent individually to parents for 10 minute time slots each. If you feel you would need to spend more time with the teacher, kindly make an appointment for an alternative day and time.
Dusherra Hoildays on 7th and 8th October for Preschool. Childcare is open, please do let us know if you will be sending your child on the preschool holiday, we will let you know about the extra charges.
Save the Date- Our first ever Annual Broadway show is scheduled for November 30th Saturday morning. Details of timing, costume, logistics to follow shortly. Please let us know if your child will not be part of the show as we need to plan the performances and order the costumes. Kindly ensure that you don’t miss the same unless absolutely necessary
WOW Wednesday – October 9th will be ‘Garba Day’- Do send your child dressed in the theme –please do send in an object for Show and Tell related to the theme.
Once more a request to all– Please visit our Facebook/Instagram pages, ‘Like’ it and follow it regularly. Unfortunately we still don’t see too many of you on our pages. We post pictures every day of a highlighted experience at school.
We are pleased to inform you that Ms Sini Regi Thomas-MA,Med,DSE- Head of Department of Special Needs from our main school has visited our classes to do an informal assessment of all our children. This will help identify any child with special needs. Her assessment will be done periodically and early intervention will surely help our children going further. We really appreciate her taking the time out of her busy schedule to spend some quality time in our classes. We will speak to the parents individually once we identify any child who needs support.
Activities and few pictures of the Past Week.
UNIT OF INQUIRY:
- This week the children learnt about the different colours of the Rainbow and they drew a beautiful rainbow with their imagination.
- The children learnt drawing different shapes in their Art book.
- They also created their own MASTERPIECE with their imagination and creativity
- Children learnt blending words with /s/,/a/,/t/,/i/ like at,is,it.
- We also revised all the letters with the sounds in the form of a game.
- Letter sound /p/ was introduced this week and the children made a sound band with pictures of letter /p/ words . They also did tracing of the letter /p/ with playdough.
- Children did writing of Number 5 in their workbooks along with some activities.
- We did one activity to reinforce the understanding of concept of quantity from number 1-5.
- Children also enjoyed doing an ice cream scoop activity from 1-5.
- Children enjoyed doing all the crafts in class especially the craft for Dussehra.
- They also did a lot of artwork in the art books given by me.
- Magic Monday with our Zumba and Aerobics
- Western dance class
- Football class by special coach
- Broadway practice for dance
- Children have started understanding the value of helping each other
- They have started to share and are learning to play in group keeping in mind the safety of their peers.
Menu for 9th October – 11th October
|AppamKadla Curry||Thali Meals||IdiappamVeg Kurma|
|DESSERT||Shahui Tukda||Payasum||Kadla Payasum|
|EVENING SNACKS||French Fries||Fruit||Bread Pakora|