“Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.” – Helen Keller
What an amazing week this has been for the children- A field trip, Halloween celebrations, dance and music and a whole lot of fun stuff being done in school for them to enjoy their learning. This has had almost all of the children including the infants say in their own special way- ‘Let’s go to TRINS’.
Parents when we hear from you how excited each child is to come to school in the morning, it reiterates our belief that we are here for them and wish to make their early years a memorable part of their lifelong learning journey. The trips, events and activities planned for them help them build on their learning and nowhere does it take away from the academic focus. In fact ‘Learn by doing’ strengthens this in children.
The field trip to the ‘Akkulam Park’ was a well-organized fun-filled experience for them. The children enjoyed the picnic snack followed by a joyful play time that saw each one of them explore the different areas of the park. The facilitators were as excited if not more than the children to have such a wonderful morning. We hope to plan more such trips in the near future.
The next BIG event on our calendar- ‘The TRINS Broadway- Early Years’
The Early Years Broadway is a collaborative event. We are excited to have all 5 Early Years schools which come under the TRINS umbrella coordinating and jointly putting up a show. We are truly excited to see all our children on stage starting right from the infants.
We request you to please inform all your friends and family to attend the first ever ‘Early Years- TRINS Broadway’. Entry passes will be available at school from next week. Kindly do let us know how many passes you will be needing, this will help plan logistics.
You could send a message on the APP to us with number of passes to be reserved for you and family- The cost of each pass is Rs. 500/- The proceeds of the event will be donated to a social service cause as is the tradition at TRINS.
SAVE THE DATE- 16th November 2019
Logistics and planning is complex and will require the minutest detail to be taken care of. We have a run through at the venue two days prior and then the final day. For this we have a meeting on the 16th of November to appraise you of each detail and request at least one parent of each child to mandatorily attend.
Hope you have all responded to the personal call being made by – Charutha our new Admissions Executive
PARENT INFORMATION SESSION
We are very fortunate to have Mr Sanjay Prabhakaran the PYP coordinator of our school giving us a presentation on the ‘Value and Benefits of the IB curriculum’, a topic that many parents have asked for in the PTM feedback form. This will also be on the same day- 16th November 2019. Parents it will be great if you could attend the same as well.
The Agenda is as follow- Saturday 16th November 2019
- 10:00 am- 10:45am The IB Curriculum
- 10:45am – 11:00am Tea Break
- 11:00am- 11:45am- The Broadway Information Session
We understand that parking is a concern, we can have the school van pick you up from the Techno park visitors’ parking lot- We will run two shuttles for that one day. One at 9:30 am and one at 9:45 am. Drop back at 12:00 noon. Kindly let us know if you wish to avail this shuttle option on the 16th of November.
For those of you who have not yet done so- Kindly send Rs 1750/- in a sealed labelled envelope on Monday 28th for the costume that we have ordered for your child.
Halloween Celebrations at the centre was a ‘Boo-tiful’ event- The art and craft done related to the theme was creatively done by all and the display around was awesome. The children dressed in their ‘spookiest best’, the teachers skit on the ‘Good Witches’ and the attempted ‘Ramp Walk’ by the children added to a morning of enthusiasm and pleasantries. The lollypop as the ‘treat’ was of course the most loved part of the day.
WOW Wednesday – November 6th “STRIPES DAY” – Horizontal, vertical or even diagonal any stripes will do. Do send your child dressed in the theme –please do send in an object for Show and Tell related to the theme.
Once more a reminder to all- Kindly initial the ‘Sign Out’ register daily. It is kept at the reception.
Request to all- Please visit our Facebook/Instagram pages, ‘Like’ it and follow it regularly. We post pictures every day of a highlighted experience at school.
Activities and few pictures of the Past Week.
- Show and Tell: Children enjoyed seeing the number Flash Cards and repeated the number names along with the facilitator
- A book based on Emotions were read to the children to understand different emotions like happy, sad etc.
- Picture Book on ‘123’ was shown to the children: they had fun identifying the objects shown in the picture
- The children enjoyed singing and acting the Jolly Phonics Song for the sounds, ‘s/a/t/’- The snake is in the grass, Ant on my arms, When I watch the tennis game
UNIT OF INQUIRY
- Role Play on Emotions: It was fun to see Children enacting different emotions like happy, sad and angry
- Children pretended to be butterflies in relation to ‘The hungry Caterpillar’ story
- Revised rhymes from around the world: Frere Jacque, Mummy ki roti gol gol, Emotions and Feelings Song
- In and Out Activity: Children had fun putting the beads inside the bottle and taking them out
- Circle shape revision activity: Children dipped the glass on blue paint and created the impression of circle
- Circle and Square sorting floor activity: Children were given square and circle shaped toys to sort and keep in the respective shape on the floor
- Square within a Square: A big square cut-out was given to the children, they had to put the small square in the big one
- Halloween Activity: Children made a ghost face using chart paper and cotton
- Children were amused to make spiders with their palm prints
- Emoji of happy, sad and angry: Children stuck various emotions cards on a Popsicle stick. They loved making different emoji faces while doing the craft
- Fold and Press : Beautiful butterflies were created using different colors and chart paper
- An awareness session on basic hygiene was a fun activity enjoyed by the children
- Sand play on the Light table was a fun way to explore
- Outdoor Fun Exercise: Children had to jump in and jump out of a big square and a big circle.
SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Halloween Celebration was enjoyed by all the children
- Children had an exciting day at Akkulam Park during the field trip
Menu for 4th November to 15th November
|LUNCH||Appam Veg Curry||Chapatti Egg Curry||Dosa Chutney Sambhar||Veg Pulav Veg Kurma||Thali Meals|
|DESSERT||Shahi Tukda||Kesari||Payasum||Cut Fruits||Payasum|
|EVENING SNACKS||French Fries||Cut Fruits||Muffins||Vada||Cake Slices|
|LUNCH||Idli Chutney Sambhar||Idiappam Kadla Curry||Chapatti Egg Curry||Veg Pulav Veg Kurma||Thali Meals|
|DESSERT||Gulab Jamun||Custard||Seviyan||Shahi Tukda||Payasum|
|EVENING SNACKS||Vegetable Sandwich||Fruits||Bread Butter||French Fries||Fruits|
Rasha Mirza & Arti Rawat