‘In a world where you can be anything; be kind’- Anonymous
With their increasing awareness and independence, pre-schoolers are ready to participate, if you show them how. We are firm believers that the best way to teach kindness to kids is to be a role model. They will learn by watching you be kind to friends, family and strangers. Children must have the insight to see how powerful their words are and how they can change someone’s life with just a simple act of kindness. Good Habits like these can help form character. Children have an inborn capacity for compassion and care. Temperament of course plays a role—some kids are naturally more tuned in to other people’s feelings and difficulties, while others are a bit oblivious. Either way, you have influence in fostering your child’s ability to empathize.
Save the next date –
‘Grandparents Day’ – 19th September 2019. 10:30 am – 12:30 pm. This is exclusively for all grandparents to be with us and have an enjoyable time at ELC. We are letting you know early enough in case grandparents need to travel to be with us on the 19th of September, you could plan well in advance. Do send an RSVP as requested letting us know if they will be or will not be attending.
It would be great if they could, sing a song, say a poem or tell us a story. The children will love it and so will we. Language no barrier.
Wednesday September 4th ‘Onam Celebrations’- Children to come dressed in their best ‘Kerala Finery’. They will need to bring loose flowers worth about Rs 50/- to make a class ‘Aatha Poo’ decoration- Kindly do not forget to send the same with them as they feel left out if they do not contribute to the class.
Activities and few pictures of the Past Week
- Introduced the concept of patterns through shapes (Circle)
- Ball Pit Game, putting the balls inside the pit, Played with Hula Loop, Sorting Red Balls from the Ball Pit
- Putting red balls inside Penguin Shaped Cut-out
- Created designs like stars, butterfly, Snake and flowers using play-dough and transferred them to a box
- Show and tell: Identification of Circle from the other various shapes
- Role play: Clean up and Grooming
- Puppet Show: Animals
- Sensory Activity:Walked on Wool, Balloon and Door Mat to sense various textures
- Sensory activity: Walked on a straight line made up of Puzzle Mat
UNIT OF INQUIRY
- Identify yourself amongst the friends pics
- Playing Footsie: Foot up and down, Wiggling toes
- Finger print: Created a rainbow using paint and finger prints
- Song: 1 Little 2 Little fingers, I am Special
- Finger Art Rainbow
- Yoga for Kids
- Dance Class
SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Hugging, holding hands, sharing and engaging with friends
- Nature Walk
Menu for 26th August- 6th September
|LUNCH||Idiappam Kadala Curry||Chapati Egg Curry||Dosa Green Peas||Veg Pulav Veg Kurma||Thali Meals|
|DESSERT||Payasum||Kesari||Gulab Jamun||Cut Fruit||Semiya|
|EVENING SNACKS||Channa Chundal||Veg Sandwich||Muffin||French Fries||Banana|
|LUNCH||Idli Sambhar Chutney||Thali Meals||Onam Sadhya||Veg Fried Rice Peas Masala||Thali Meals|
|EVENING SNACKS||Cake Slice||Aval||Muffin||Veg Sandwich||Banana|