30th August, 2019
‘In a world where you can be anything; be kind’- Anonymous
With their increasing awareness and independence, students are ready to participate, if you show them how. We are firm believers that the best way to teach kindness to kids is to be a role model. They will learn by watching you be kind to friends, family and strangers. Children must have the insight to see how powerful their words are and how they can change someone’s life with just a simple act of kindness. Good Habits like these can help form character. Children have an inborn capacity for compassion and care. Temperament of course plays a role—some kids are naturally more tuned in to other people’s feelings and difficulties, while others are a bit oblivious. Either way, you have influence in fostering your child’s ability to empathize.
Save the next date –
‘Grandparents Day’ – 19th September 2019. 10:30 am – 12:30 pm. This is exclusively for all grandparents to be with us and have an enjoyable time at ELC. We are letting you know early enough in case grandparents need to travel to be with us on the 19th of September, you could plan well in advance. Do send an RSVP as requested letting us know if they will be or will not be attending.
It would be great if they could, sing a song, recite a poem or tell us a story. The children will love it and so will we. Language, no barrier.
Wednesday, September 4th, ‘Onam Celebrations’- Children to come dressed in their best ‘Kerala Finery’. They will need to bring loose flowers worth about Rs 50/- to make a class ‘Athapookalam’ decoration- Kindly do not forget to send the same with them as they feel left out if they do not contribute to the class.
Some Reminders-Once more a request to all- Please visit our Facebook page, ‘Like’ it and follow it regularly. We post pictures every day of the activities done in school.
Our Field Trip today was a great learning experience for the children. We had a super time, exploring, playing and making friends with the children of the other branches of TRINS.
Activities and few pictures of the Past Week.
UNIT OF INQUIRY
- We explored the five senses using coconut (to see, feel, smell, hear the sound of the coconut water and finally taste it.
- We discussed about the concept of hygiene and how germs get transferred and how we should wash our hands to get rid of the germs. We used glitter and hand lotion to explain the concept, assuming the glitter to be germs.
- We had a discussion with a doctor who gave us more information on the topic of hygiene.
- We introduced words of the “en” family – den, hen, men, pen and ten.
- We did a recap of tricky words that we did last week – I, a, on, of, to, was, be, we, me, she, he, the, do
- We enjoyed listening to the stories “Showtime for Billie and Coco” and “The Lion and the Mouse’
- We learnt grouping of objects according to shapes, size, color and quantity
- We did patterns in numbers, shapes and colors.
- We created various designs using the different colored shapes.
- We did a nice drawing and coloring activity describing things that we saw and observed during our field trip to the Aakulam Park.
- We had a yoga class on Monday.
- We had a western dance class on Thursday.
- We played a lot in the open spaces of Aakulam Park and enjoyed rock climbing, monkey bars, swings and slides.
SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- We learnt the importance of being in our class group, especially when we go on our field trips.
- We learnt how we should not litter public spaces.
- We are still practicing the rules of walking in a line, following class agreements and keeping the class clean.
Menu for 26th August- 6th September
|LUNCH||IdiappamKadala Curry||ChapatiEgg Curry||DosaGreen Peas||Veg PulavVeg Kurma||Thali Meals|
|Payasum||Kesari||Gulab Jamun||Cut Fruit||Semiya|
|Channa Chundal||VegSandwich||Muffin||French Fries||Banana|
|IdliSambharChutney||Thali Meals||Onam Sadhya||Veg Fried RicePeas Masala||Thali Meals|
|EVENING SNACKS||Cake Slice||Aval||Muffin||Veg Sandwich||Banana|
Thanks and Regards,
Home Room Teacher K2