“Grandparents are like stars. You don’t always see them, but you know they’re there.” — Unknown
There’s no doubt that grandparents are awesome. When we were children, they were most likely the people we went to for an endless amount of love, and to be totally spoiled. They are the ones who let us get away with so much more than our parents would. They are also the wise ones we go to for advice, since they’ve seen so much more of the world than us. Our first Grandparents Day at the centre was awesome it was the perfect time to tell them how much we love them.
We started with the photo booth and slideshow, the testimonials by the guest of honour and other grandparents. This was the beginning of a great morning, the songs, the quick snack, the games and free dance all added to the festive mood of the day. Finally the Art and craft related to the unit that the children were learning about all added to make up for a memorable celebration.
For those whose Grandparents were unable to make it, yes we missed you but the present grandparents had enough love to share around and were more than happy to be substitutes for the day.
This week, Wow Wednesday, ‘Shape Day’- was an amazing day with each teacher representing a different shape, school was a fun filled place with each one discussing the shape they all came dressed as. The representation and song by the teachers was a learning for the children, they were exposed to the different shapes and their properties through musical by the teachers.
Hope to see you tomorrow –
‘Mommies and Friends Day’ –28th September 2019. 9:30 am – 12:30 pm.
It’s the Mommies’ turn now for a day out at ELC, along with a friend. All mums and their friends are invited for a day of some learning, bonding, and plenty of fun.
We have in store for you, talks on;-
- ‘Early Positive Brain Experiences- by Dr Femitha Shifas- MD Paediatrics, DM Neonatology Consultant Department of Neonatology KIMS.
- ‘Communicating with your child’ – Sharayu Thampi. Centre- Head
We also have activities so mum and child can create together, play together, and certainly enjoy together. Since more the merrier, along with you and your child, please bring your friend and her child to be part of this event.
‘First Parent Teacher Meeting’ –5th October 2019. Timings will be sent by next week individually to parents for 10 minute time slots each. If you feel you would need to spend more time with the teacher, kindly make an appointment for an alternate day and time.
Gandhi Jayanthi – 2nd October- Holiday for all – Childcare and Preschool
Dusherra Hoildays on 7th and 8th October for Preschool. Childcare is open, please do let us know if you will be sending your child on the preschool holiday, we will let you know about the extra charges.
October 2nd– Holiday
October 9th will be ‘Garba Day’- Do send your child dressed in the theme –please do send in an object for Show and Tell related to the theme.
UNIT OF INQUIRY :
- We started with our Unit 2 this week “How we express ourselves” through shapes and colors keeping imagination as our tool to be creative. Children did a group painting activity using their hands ,feet or any coloring tool to paint their imagination on a chart paper.
- Wow Wednesday was our Shape day where all the teachers did a shapes day parade to start our Unit.
- They also went on a color Scavenger Hunt and had fun looking for different color objects in the class.
- Children did a revision of all the sounds /s/,/a/,/t/ through a picture sticking activity
- Letter sound /i/ was introduced and the children enjoyed making the sound band.
- Story time -”We going on a Bear Hunt” was shown to them . The next day the children enacted the story with a lot of enthusiasm.
- They also learnt formation of the letter /i/ with the help of sand and playdough.
- We played a fun game of letter sound identification where I called out words with the sounds /s/,/a/,/t/,/i/and they had to point out the correct letter for that sound/word.
- Children also did written work of letter /i/ in workbook.
- Story time- “Daddy’s Little Bear” and “Colour Party”
- This week we introduced the number “5” to our children through various activities like picking up 5 things from the classroom and placing them correctly and sticking activity of 5 different shapes in our journal book.
- They also learnt formation of number 5 through sand tracing and play dough.
- Written work of number 5 was done in workbook .
- They are also learning patterns through color and shapes.
- Art work was given to all the children in their art book they are learning different shapes to draw.
- Shape Day craft was making different animals by using various shapes.
- Cooking activity was a yummy surprise for our children where they made their own bread pizza and later enjoyed eating it.
- Magic Monday – Zumba/Aerobics
- Grandparents Day- Fun games and dance
- Grandparents Day was an unbelievable experience for our children and for all of us. It was indeed a special day and we Thank all our grandparents for coming and spending some amazing time with their grandchildren and with all of us.
MENU FOR 30TH SEPTEMBER – 11TH OCTOBER
|LUNCH||Dosa Potato Curry||Chapati Egg Curry||Idli Sambhar Chutney||Veg Pulav Veg Mappas|
|DESSERT||Cut Fruit||Kesari||Gulab Jamun||Pudding|
|EVENING SNACKS||Vada||Cake Slice||Fruit||Veg Sandwhich|
|LUNCH||Appam Kadla Curry||Thali Meals||Idiappam Veg Kurma|
|DESSERT||Shahui Tukda||Payasum||Kadla Payasum|
|EVENING SNACKS||French Fries||Fruit||Bread Pakora|
Ms. Bhavnita Bhatia