‘Education is not filling of a pail but the lighting of a fire.’ William Butler Yeats
This quote is close to our hearts because here at ELC we truly believe in it. Majority of the world will tend to agree that learning is unlimited. Looking at the pail, there is just so much water a pail can hold, that is there is a limit to the water we pour in a pail.
But a fire can get bigger and bigger by what you do to make it grow. If you give the proper materials for it to grow, which in this case is education, it’ll grow larger and larger.
At school we encourage our children and kindle this fire through the host of activities, engagements and celebrations that we plan for our children.
With this in mind, we help each child to lead a richer and fuller life and developing their skills and qualities to the utmost.
Our Janam Ashthami celebrations was a grand experience for the children- photos of the same will be on Facebook and on the website- shortly
Save the next date – ‘Grandparents Day’ – 25th September 2019. 10:30 am – 12:30 pm. This is exclusively for all grandparents to be with us and have an enjoyable time at ELC. We are letting you know early enough in case grandparents need to travel to be with us on the 25th of September, you could plan well in advance.
Wednesday August 28th ‘Ayankkali Jayanthi’ is a holiday for Preschool.
Childcare will be open as usual, if you wish to send your child during the Pre-school holiday , please let us know so we can plan, as well as let you know about the additional fee.
Kindly trace your handprints on a sheet of paper, one hand each- Mum, dad, child. This will be for a numeracy activity in class. Please send this by Monday (26.08.2019). Please send two pictures that start with the letter sound /p/.
ENGAGEMENTS AND FEW PHOTOS OF THE WEEK
- Letter sound recognition: Revised the letter sounds /s/, /a/, /t/ Introduced the letter sound /i/
- Activity: Tearing and sticking crepe paper on letter sound /i/
- Song: The snake is in the grass … /a/,/a/ ants on my arm … When I watch a tennis game /t/,/t/,/t/ …. Inky the mouse is my pet
- Patterns: Introduced the concept of patterns through shapes (Circle and Triangle)
- Songs: 1,2,3,4,5 Once I caught a fish alive.. 5 little ducks went out one day
- Game: Reinforced the shape circle and had a classroom hunt to find circles.
UNIT OF INQUIRY
- Activity: Recap on similarities between friends and families.
- Songs: Good Morning, How are you today? Open shut them
- Decorated Ice-cream cone with glitters and paint
- Colouring Peacock feather
- Throwing the red and yellow balls in the basket
- Running race
Enjoyed interacting, playing, engaging, sharing and taking turns with our friends.
MENU FOR 26/08/2019 to 06/09/2019
|LUNCH||Idli Sambhar Chutney||Thali Meals||Appam Veg Curry||Veg Fried Rice Peas Masala||Thali Meals|
|DESSERT||Shahi Tukda||Payasum||Cut Fruit||Pudding||Payasum|
|EVENING SNACKS||Cake Slice||Aval||Medhu Vada||Veg Sandwich||Banana|
|LUNCH||Idiappam Kadala Curry||Chapati Egg Curry||Onam Sadhya||Veg Pulav Veg Kurma||Thali Meals|
|EVENING SNACKS||Channa Chundal||Veg Sandwich||Muffin||French Fries||Banana|
SEENA & KEERTHANA