“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” – Helen Keller
Hope everyone enjoyed the beautiful weather during the Onam Break! The children are back rejuvenated and full of energy. It’s great to see their happy smiling and excited faces when they enter school.
Every day brings new growth, new milestones, and new wonderment, but the challenges of juggling our adult lives often prevent us from fully appreciating the delicate nuances of our children’s’ childhood. However, instead of worrying about how many minutes you can spend with your children each day, focus on turning those minutes into memorable moments. Parents often compensate for having such a small quantity of time by scheduling “quality time.” If you find a way to make the most of every moment that you have with your kids, you will not only be a wonderful parent, but you will also be teaching your kids how to be good adults.
The past week has been a happy reunion of friend, students and teachers. This week, Wow Wednesday, ‘Yellow Day’- was a sunny bright day at school, each person dressed in their brightest of bright yellow added a lot of sunshine to the happy ambiance.
The Sunflower skit and song by the teachers was a treat for the children who watched the show with amazement and wonder. Thank you parents for keeping the WOW Wednesdays as lively as you can, it means a lot to the children.
Save the next two dates –
‘Grandparents Day’ –27th September 2019. 9:30 am – 12:30 pm. This is exclusively for all grandparents to be with us and have an enjoyable time at ELC. It would be great if they could, sing a song, say a poem or tell us a story. The children will love it and so will we. Language no barrier.
‘Mommies and Friends Day’ –28th September 2019. 9:30 am – 12:30 pm.
It’s the Mommies’ turn now for a day out at ELC, along with a friend. All mums and their friends are invited for a day of some learning, bonding, and plenty of fun.
We have in store for you, talks on;-
- ‘Early Positive Brain Experiences- by Dr Femitha Shifas- MD Paediatrics, DM Neonatology Consultant Department of Neonatology KIMS.
- ‘Communicating with your child’ – Sharayu Thampi. Centre- Head
We also have activities so mum and child can create together, play together, and certainly enjoy together. Since more the merrier, along with you and your child, please bring your friend and her child to be part of this event.
Please do confirm with us by the 21st of September, for both the events to help us plan the logistics accordingly. You could RSVP by mail or call the school number #9847656060 to confirm a Yes or a No.
‘First Parent Teacher Meeting’ –5th October 2019. Timing will be sent individually to parents for 10 minute time slots each.
Oct 2nd is a holiday for all
Dusherra Hoildays on 7th and 8th October for Preschool.
Childcare is open, please do let us know if you will be sending your child on the preschool holiday, we will let you know about the extra charges.
September 25th will be ‘Shape Day’- Do send your child dressed in the theme –please do send in an object for Show and Tell related to the theme.
Please do check the blog for the next Unit Overview letter attached.
Once more a request to all- Please visit our Facebook page, ‘Like’ it and follow it regularly. We post pictures every day of a highlighted experience at school.
Kindly upload your review of the school both on Facebook and on Google
Activities and few pictures of the Past Week
UNIT OF INQUIRY
- Doll Role Play – Kids enjoyed shaking hands with the doll, pointed out legs, hands and eyes
- Explored the sense of touch and sound
- Made hand puppet on the popsicle stick
- Colour sorting game – Kids collected red coloured balls and put it in the bucket
- Sorting shapes – Triangle, Circle and Square
- Colour Sorting game with coloured bottle caps and cardboard box with slots- kids loved putting the right coloured bottle cap in the respective slot on the cardboard box
- Ball pit filled with colourful balls was a fun activity enjoyed by the kids
- Identify Body Parts – Kids pointed to eyes and hand appropriately
- Fun With coloured crepe paper transfer activity-picked crepe paper and transferred to a bowl
- Show and tell activity- Kids loved looking at books , listening and making animal sounds. Traced a Circle
- Decorated a Duck for the Yellow Day activity
- Finger painting on the Black chart paper
- Walking and balancing on the pillow
- Following the teacher- Running and giggling behind the teacher
- Going in circles-Song Ring-A-Ring-A-Rosies
SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Enjoyed and explored musical instruments
- Enjoyed playing and engaging, sharing and taking turns with friends
Menu for 23rd September – 27th September
|LUNCH||Idli Sambhar Chutney||Thali Meals||Chapati Egg Curry||Veg Fried Rice Peas Masala||Thali Meals|
|DESSERT||Shahi Tukda||Kesari||Gulab Jamun||Pudding||Payasum|
|EVENING SNACKS||Cake Slice||French Fries||Muffin||Veg Sandwich||Banana|