“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” Dr Seuss
There is no more important activity for preparing your child to succeed as a reader than reading aloud together. Fill your story times with a variety of books. Be consistent, be patient, and watch the magic work. It’s no secret that activities at home are an important supplement to the classroom, but there’s more to it than that. There are things that parents can give children at home that the classrooms cannot give.
Children learn to love the sound of language before they even notice the existence of printed words on a page. Reading books aloud to children stimulates their imagination and expands their understanding of the world. It helps them develop language and listening skills and prepares them to understand the written word. When the rhythm and melody of language become a part of a child’s life, learning to read will be as natural as learning to walk and talk.
Even after children learn to read by themselves, it’s still important for you to read aloud together. By reading stories that are on their interest level, but beyond their reading level, you can stretch young readers’ understanding and motivate them to improve their skills.
With your help, your children can begin a lifelong relationship with the printed word, so they grow into adults who read easily and frequently whether for business, knowledge, or pleasure.
In keeping with this thought last Wednesday we were so excited to celebrate the ‘Favourite Book Character Day’- It was wonderful to see most of the children dressed up and seeing the various characters in school was a treat for all…..adding to the joy of the day was the ‘3 little Pigs’ story enacted by our teachers.
Save the Date- Our TRINS-ELC first ever Annual Broadway show is scheduled for November 30th Saturday morning.
Field Trip- The main school has a ‘Food Fair’ on the 1st of November and we wish for our children to participate in the same. The children there put up stalls selling assorted items. We will leave school at 9:30 am in the school van and be back in school by 12:00 for lunch.
Please ensure your child reaches school no later than 9:15 am on the 1st of Nov. Kindly do not send snack on the 1st however do send their empty box in case they need to pack some of their uneaten snack. Please do send their water bottle and a small napkin. Please send Rs 150/- with your child in a little wallet for them to go shopping at the ‘food fair’
Activities and few pictures of the Past Week.
UNIT OF INQUIRY:
- This week children went for a nature walk and they collected leaves and stones to make something interesting in class with their creativity and imagination.
- They also made patterns using different shapes and colours. Which helped them understand the concept well.
- Letter Sound /c/ and /k/ were introduced this week.
- Children made letter /c/ and /k/ sound bands.
- Children are also learning how to blend words like at,it,is,sat,pat
- They also learnt formation of letters with the help play dough and slate.
- They children also enjoyed drawing cat, cake and caterpillar.
- They enjoyed story time “The 3 Billy Goats Gruff”
- This week we introduced number ‘6’ by emphasizing the concept of one or more.
- Children also learnt formation of number 6 through playdough and slate.
- We reinforced the concept of one-one correspondence
- Children also did writing of number 6 in workbook.
- Children made star craft for Favorite Book Character Day.
- They also made patterns and designs using stones and leaves by exploring their creativity.
- They did drawing activity in their art book.
- Yoga was relaxing and fun on Magic Monday.
- Western dance enjoyed by the kids.
- Splash pool was fun too.
- Children are bonding really well and enjoying their freeplay time together.
- We are reinforcing the classroom agreements During our circle time everyday.
- Teachers did a beautiful and fun skit “The 3 little pigs” for our children on Wow Wednesday.
- Cooking activity was yummy this week as children made their very own Chocolate milkshake
|LUNCH||DosaChutney||AppamKadla Curry||Thali Meals||IdliChutneySambhar||Chapatti Egg Curry|
|Gulab Jamun||Cut Fruits||Ads Payasum||Shahi Tukda||Cut Fruits|
|French Fries||Gulab Jamun||Bread Pakoda||Cake Slices||Vada|
|Veg PulavVeg Curry||DosaChutneySambhar||Chapatti Egg Curry||IdiappamKadla Curry||Thali Meals|
|DESSERT||Semiya Payasum||Channa Chundal||Kesari||Gulab Jamoon||Kadla Payasum|
|EVENING SNACKS||Fruits||Muffins||Bread Butter Jam||French Fries||Vegetable Sandwich|