“Together may we give our children the roots to grow and the wings to fly” – Hooding S Cater
Last week we had our first Parent Teacher Meeting. Although it was the holiday weekend we still had a solid turn out of parents that came to engage and be a part of their child’s learning. It was reassuring for all to realise that there is an amazing partnership with the parents and the school. It’s not the teacher all alone pushing and challenging the student, but rather a collaboration between school and home. If there is a strong relationship between the family, the learner and the school then all parties involved are aware of the leaners goals and can work together in the same direction to achieve a common goal. We thank you all for your kind feedback and also for sharing your individual concerns. We would like to assure you that these will be worked on to the best of our ability.
We hope you had a great break and enjoyed the short and sweet holiday, the children were excited to be part of the WOW Wednesday as soon as they returned and the colourful festive ‘Garba’ theme was a great way to celebrate seeing our little ones. The music and dance celebration was enjoyed by all and helped overcome the slight separation anxiety that they may have had after the break.
Parents please note we have multiple ways of communicating with you so as to keep all channels of communication open- Please follow all of them to keep yourself updated on happenings in school.
The APP message – One to One communication between the teacher and parent, regular daily short messages as needed.
The APP Diary Note- Whole class Note/ Note to all parents – Common information
The APP Circular- Whole School Circular from the Centre Head’s Desk
The Blog- Weekly Friday Update with Wow Wednesday reminders, important dates and upcoming holiday’s activities done, menu curriculum updates and pictures. The link is https://trinselc.home.blog/ – Please check this every Friday evening
E-Mail- Extremely important information, either from the teacher or the school head.
Social Media- Pictures of all the events in school
Website- Bimonthly articles of interest and regular updates of pictures- www.trinsearlylearningcentre.com
Senior School Broadway tomorrow- Reminder
Our senior school Annual Broadway Program. TRINS has always emphasised on developing all facets of a child’s personality, by giving opportunities to develop their talents and interests along with academics. In keeping with this the senior school is ready to showcase the talent of our spirited young actors, and the brilliant scripting and direction of our students and teachers. It would be great if you could attend this show not only to encourage our young children but to also see how confident and poised our children become as they go from strength to strength.
The tickets will be available at the venue at the cost of 350/- or 500/-. Donor cards are also available in case you cannot make it for the show. The proceeds of this ticketed show will go to the Regional Cancer Centre, Trivandrum and Ward No 9 of General Hospital, Trivandrum. The show is on 12th October Saturday from 5:00pm to 8:00 pm. Venue- Tagore Theatre. Vellayambalam.
Save the Date- Our TRINS-ELC first ever Annual Broadway show is scheduled for November 30th Saturday morning. Details of timing, costume, logistics to follow shortly. Hope each of you has signed the consent letter for your child to be part of the program.
WOW Wednesday – October 16th will be ‘Favourite Story Book or Story Book Character’- Do send your child dressed in the theme –please do send in an object for Show and Tell related to the theme.
Once more a request to all- Please visit our Facebook/Instagram pages, ‘Like’ it and follow it regularly. Unfortunately we still don’t see too many of you on our pages. We post pictures every day of a highlighted experience at school.
Activities and few pictures of the Past Week.
UNIT OF INQUIRY:
- This week children went for a nature walk to observe their surroundings and they picked a lot of things like stones, leaves, sticks to explore in the class for making patterns.
- Children explored different shapes and colours while playing with jodogyan.
- This week letter sound /n/ was introduced through the jolly phonics song and we made some /n/ letter pictures on whiteboard for the children to identify the /n/ sound.
- They also learnt formation of letter /n/ on slate board and workbook.
- Letter /n/ was reinforced as they children enjoyed making a nest in their Art book.
- Children were given Jodogyan to use their imagination to create something creatively.
- Children were introduced to patterns and they all drew different patterns on the whiteboard.
CREATIVE DEVELOPMENT :
- Children were taken to the Art Room where they enjoyed doing some artwork.
- Jodogyan was creatively used for making different formations by the children.
- Children enjoyed playing different musical instruments in the performance room.
- Garba Day was full of dance and fun. Children enjoyed dancing on different songs along with their teachers.
- Dance class was enjoyed by all the children.
- Splash pool was much awaited this week and all our children enjoyed getting into the pool with the support of their teacher.
- Garba Day was a great way to tell them about Dusherra through a story time.
- We are reinforcing safety while playing to all our children.
- We are motivating them to help their peers and to be kind to each other.
- Children are following the classroom agreements which we are reinforcing everyday.
Menu for 14th October- 25th October
|LUNCH||DosaChutney||AppamKadla Curry||Thali Meals||IdliChutneySambhar||Chapatti Egg Curry|
|Gulab Jamun||Cut Fruits||Ads Payasum||Shahi Tukda||Cut Fruits|
|French Fries||Gulab Jamun||Bread Pakoda||Cake Slices||Vada|
|Veg PulavVeg Curry||DosaChutneySambhar||Chapatti Egg Curry||IdiappamKadla Curry||Thali Meals|
|DESSERT||Semiya Payasum||Channa Chundal||Kesari||Gulab Jamoon||Kadla Payasum|
|EVENING SNACKS||Fruits||Muffins||Bread Butter Jam||French Fries||Vegetable Sandwich|