‘In a world where you can be anything- Be Kind’- ~Jennifer Dukes Lee
There are many benefits of teaching a child to be kind; small acts of kindness can start from the very beginning. Teaching and encouraging kindness is related to many positive outcomes. Scientific studies have shown that kindness has a great number of physical and emotional benefits, and that children require a healthy dose of warmth and love in order to flourish as cheerful and versatile individuals. Matters of the heart must be taken seriously and nurtured as a matter of priority.
At school we do our best to encourage small acts of kindness. Learning to share, learning to wait for your turn, helping a friend, smiling at each other are many of the little acts of kindness that our children are learning on a daily basis, this will lead to a strong personal, social and emotional development in the future.
‘The TRINS Broadway- Early Years’ on the 30th of November.
We request you to please inform all your friends and family to attend the first ever ‘Early Years- TRINS Broadway’. The cost of each pass is Rs 500/- The proceeds of the event will be donated to a social service cause as is the tradition at TRINS.
16th November 2019
Looking forward to meeting you for a presentation by our PYP coordinator Mr. Sanjay Prabhakaran and for the Broadway Agenda.
We understand that parking is a concern, we can have the school van pick you up from the Techno park visitors’ parking lot- We will run two shuttles for that one day. One at 9:30 am and one at 9:45 am. Drop back at 12:00 noon. Kindly let us know if you wish to avail this shuttle option on the 16th of November.
We hope everyone has sent in the costume money by now. If not please do so latest by Monday 11th Nov.
“STRIPES DAY” – Horizontal, vertical and even diagonal stripes , the centre was a riot of colours with each child dressed in their ‘Stripy Best’- Thank you parents for keeping the spirt of the ‘WOW- Wednesday’ and enjoying it as much as the children and we do.
WOW Wednesday – November 13th .- ‘I am a Grown Up’- In keeping with ‘Children’s day’ we ask for you to dress your child up as an adult- a grandma, a grandpa, a teacher, a mum, a dad any grown up who is their favourite. The teachers of course will be dressed as children. We will be sharing some sweets with the children. There will be a small performance by the teachers for the children’s special day.
Once more a reminder to all- Kindly initial the ‘Sign Out’ register daily. It is kept at the reception.
Request to all- Please visit our Facebook/Instagram pages, ‘Like’ it and follow it regularly. We post pictures every day of a highlighted experience at school.
ACTIVITIES AND FEW PICTURES OF THE PAST WEEK
- Begin to listen respectfully to others share their own relevant ideas and feelings in an appropriate manner
- Begin to ask questions
- Begin to celebrate the accomplishments of others
- Begin to reach out for help when it is needed for themselves or others.
UNIT OF INQUIRY
We had fun making bunch of grapes using Bottle caps.
- Letter Recognition: We introduced a new letter sound /r/ through a puppet act. Do ask your child about the special guest who came to their class.
- We also revised the letter sounds /s/,/a/,/t/,/i/,/p/,/n/,/e/,/c/,/k/,/h/ through a game where the teacher sang the letter sound song and children picked the corresponding sound flash card.
Song: We enjoy singing our action song “Stand up, sit down”
- Colour Recognition: We learnt a new colour ‘Purple’ by mixing blue and red paint.
- Positional Game: We used a chair for each child as a learning tool to teach positional words ‘in front’ and ‘behind’.
- Number Recognition: 1 and 2. We did counting game where the children had to take the number of objects that the teacher showed on the flash card.
- We made a ‘ROBOT’ using cutouts of different size squares for learning the shape.
Song: W-H-I-T-E song
- We stuck colorful squares on /r/ template.
- For Wow Wednesday we decorated long strips with sequence and glitter.
- We made ‘BHEL’ in our cooking activity.
- Broadway Practice
MENU FOR 11th NOVEMBER TO 22nd NOVEMBER
|LUNCH||Kallappam Potato curry||Dosa Tomato chutney Sambhar||Chappatti Egg Curry||Idly Chutney Sambhar||Thali Meals|
|DESSERT||Gulab jamun||Payasum||Kesari||Chocolate custard||Payasum|
|EVENING SNACKS||Muffins||Cut Fruits||Cake Slices||Vada||French Fries|
|LUNCH||Idiappam Veg stew||Veg Pulav Veg Kurma||Dosa Kadal curry||Chappatti Potato Curry||Idly Sambhar Chutney|
|DESSERT||Shahi Tukda||Cut fruits||Kadala payasum||Shahi Tukda||Payasum|
|EVENING SNACKS||Vegetable Sandwich||Banana Fitters||Bread Pakoda||Channa chundal||French fries|
MS. SEENA & MS. KEERTHANA