“The most beautiful things are not associated with money; they are memories and moments. If you don’t celebrate those, they can pass you by.” Alek Wek
Have you ever stopped to think about why we celebrate birthdays, anniversaries and holidays? It’s not just a festive thing to do, it’s a way to stop, cherish and reaffirm the things that we value in our lives.
We show how much we care about our families when we celebrate their birthdays; we underline how important our relationships are when we celebrate anniversaries; and when we celebrate holidays and other significant days — such as Onam, Independence Day, Book Day or Friendship Day — we demonstrate to those around us, especially our children, where our values lie.
Our Onam celebration on the 4th was a heart-warming, colourful experience for all the children. The skit by K2, the dance by the support staff, the ‘AthaPoo’ done by the children and most of all the little ones dressed in their Kerala Best- all added to the ambiance and joy of the celebration. Truly a memory made for life.
Save the next date –
‘Grandparents Day’ – We regret to announce the change in date once again. Truly it is unfortunate but really due to reasons beyond our control- The new and yes final date will now be- 27th September 2019. 9:30 am – 12:00 pm. This is exclusively for all grandparents to be with us and have an enjoyable time at ELC.
Do send an RSVP letting us know if they will be or will not be attending. It would be great if they could, sing a song, say a poem or tell us a story. The children will love it and so will we. Language no barrier.
Onam Holidays will be from 9th to 15th September- Preschool will reopen on 16th Monday. Childcare parents to please let us know if you would need childcare on 12th/13th of September
September 18th will be ‘Yellow Day’- Do send your child dressed in the theme color- Please do send in an object for Show and Tell related to the theme.
Some Reminders-Once more a request to all- Please visit our Facebook page, ‘Like’ it and follow it regularly. We post pictures every day of a highlighted experience at school.
Kindly upload your review of the school both on Facebook and on Google
ENGAGEMENTS AND FEW PICTURES OF THE WEEK
UNIT OF INQUIRY
- Activity: We practiced to say ‘Thank You’ by passing the ball to our friends.
- Discussion on what we could do when we were a baby and now. We realize that we couldn’t do many things when we were a baby.
- Story: ‘I want Dinner’
- Letter sound recognition: Students learnt the letter sound /n/ through a song.
- We learnt many words with /n/ with the pictures we brought from home.
- Mystery Bag: The Facilitator had few items in a bag. We had to pick one item and tell the name and the sound we hear.
- Song: Good Morning Pk2 friends, How are you?, Hop a little, jump a little 123 , Roly Poly
- Songs: 5 little speckled frogs
- Activity: Made smileys with circles and triangles
We reinforced big and small with play dough balls
We reinforced pattern with red and blue color
- Decorating boat for Onam
- Sticking colored paper on the heart
- Made athapoo on a paper plate by decorating it with flowers
- Coloring the letter sound /n/
- Follow the leader
SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Enjoyed interacting, playing, engaging, sharing and taking turns with our friends.
- Making cookie sandwich
MENU FOR 16th SEPTEMBER TO 27th SEPTEMBER
|LUNCH||Idiappam Kadala Curry||Chapati Egg Curry||Dosa Green Peas||Veg Pulav Veg Kurma||Thali Meals|
|DESSERT||Payasum||Kesari||Gulab Jamun||Cut Fruit||Semiya|
|EVENING SNACKS||Cake Slice||Veg Sandwich||Muffin||French Fries||Banana|
|LUNCH||Idli Sambhar Chutney||Thali Meals||Chapati Egg Curry||Veg Fried Rice Peas Masala||Thali Meals|
|DESSERT||Shahi Tukda||Kesari||Gulab Jamun||Pudding||Payasum|
|EVENING SNACKS||Cake Slice||French Fries||Muffin||Veg Sandwich||Banana|
Thanks and Regards
Ms. Seena and Ms. Keerthana