“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” Dr Seuss
“You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.” Dr Seuss
I had to use two quotes this time as both are relevant and motivational, it was tough to choose one.
On March 2nd, is the birthday of one of the most beloved children’s authors of our time, Dr Seuss. Our WOW Wednesday was a celebration to honour his birthday. The children did that by participating in fun craft activities and listening to his much-adored stories. Thank you parents for sending them dressed as per the theme, it added joy to the day
This motivational and awareness day calls all children in every community across the world to celebrate reading. It encourages them to read where ever they are. Great ways to inspire reading in children include:
- Keep books everywhere you spend time. Put them in the car, in every room of the house and tuck them in backpacks and handbags. Make them easily accessible.
- Visit the bookstore or a library as often as you can. Browsing and looking around fosters a love of reading as well as a genuine respect for books.
- Get caught reading. Children imitate what they see the adults around them do. Whether they see you read a magazine, newspaper or novel, let them know reading is the cool thing to do.
- Read to your children. No matter their age, reading aloud strengthens their vocabulary and language skills. It also opens up opportunity for discussion.
- Have your children read to you, too. You never know what you might learn!
WOW Wednesday – 11th March- To celebrate a world full of colours – our theme will be, “Rainbow Day” – Please dress your child in their most colourful outfit- You could send a colourful object for ‘Show and Tell’
9th March – Monday Holiday for Preschool and Childcare on the occasion of ‘Pongala Festival’. We wish you all a Happy Pongala.
FEW PICTURES OF THE WEEK
PHYSICAL, CREATIVE & SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT
UNIT OF INQUIRY
MENU FOR 10th MARCH TO 20th MARCH
|LUNCH||Holiday||Idli Chutney Sambhar||Appam Egg curry||Chappati Potato soya curry||Thali Meals|
|DESSERT||Holiday||Cut Fruits||Payasam||Shahi tukda||Payasum|
|EVENING SNACKS||Holiday||Veg cutlet||Channa chundal||Veg bhaji||Jam Sandwich|
|LUNCH||Idiappam Kadala curry||Rajma pulao Potato soya curry||Dosa Potato curry||Idli Tomato curry Coconut cutney||Thali Meals|
|DESSERT||Custard||Kesari||Cut fruits||Fruit custard||Payassum|
|EVENING SNACKS||Cake slices||Veg sandwich||Veg Pakoda||Bread Butter||Veg Cutlet|
Ms. Seena and Ms. Keerthana